Emerging Artists Program SYDNEY
A 20 week bi-weekly multi-disciplinary course for the aspiring actor.
This 40 session program is for ages 17 and above. Learn Film & Audition Technique, Improvisation, Voice, U.S Accent, Movement, Theatre and Business. Thursday’s 7-10pm & Sunday’s 5pm – 8pm.
Registrations now OPEN for 2nd half of 2020. Audition upon application.
Designed as a short-term, high impact course that gives each actor a thorough understanding of repertoire training, this 40 session (2 session a week) program by The HubStudio is designed to give aspiring actors (ages 17+), a thorough opportunity to learn multi-disciplinary skills from some of the best working coaches in Australia and get a taste of the life of a professional actor. Over the 40 sessions the studio will also be working along side you to create a working business plan, developing the fundamental skills of Actor Entrepreneurialism. It’s perfect for those who haven’t yet attended drama school, but are thinking about pursuing an acting career and need an intensive boost to get moving.
The course is broken down into class blocks, in the areas of Voice, Movement, Improvisation, Screen Acting, Screen Auditioning, Industry Business, American Accent and Theatre Technique & Theatre Practical, covering such topics as;
- Audition technique / preparation
- Acting for camera / screen testing
- Development of a character for film and theatre
- Improvisational techniques for film and theatre
- Text and script breakdown / grammar / punctuation / linear work
- Voice fundamentals & how to do a U.S accent
- Body awareness and how to create character physically
- Industry info: agents, auditions, creating content, drama school auditions
Development & practice of craft lie at the core of this program.
- (Voice) Understand your voice, and learn the American accent
- (Movement) Develop your physical awareness and how to move physically for a character
- (Screen Audition) Learn what it takes to deliver a memorable audition and gain professional and insider industry knowledge
- (Film) Understand and develop camera technique / audition technique, and film two screen test scenes to take way, send to an agent or use for further development
- (Improv) Understand how to develop a character through Improvisation, and how to act freely from natural impulse during scripted and unscripted scenes.
- ( Theatre) Work with some of history’s most celebrated playwrights to stretch your craft while be guided by one of the most respected Acting coaches in Australia.
Please understand some coaches may change due to availability.
What: 40 Sessions in two 20 session blocks (+ break)
Auditions: Upon Application
Dates: 30th July – 17th December 2020 (2 x 10wk blocks and 1 x 1wk holiday)
Time: Thursday’s 7pm – 10pm & Sunday’s 5pm – 8pm
Venue: The HubStudio – 18 City Rd, Chippendale 2008
Cost: $2,850.00 incl GST ( OR $1,495.00 pt = $2,990.00 in total)
Participants: 16 max
The HubStudio also offers to payment options, cheaper in full or in term block payments.
Two Payment Options
- $2,850.00 incl GST in Full (cheapest option)
- $1,495.00 a Term *paid regardless of attendance – (full cost $2,990.00 over 2 terms)
About The HubStudio
The HubStudio is a home to Sydney’s working professional actors and creatives. Over the last six years we have provided some of the best quality coaching in the country, to some of the best actors in the country. Our team of coaches comprises ex heads of all the major drama schools (NIDA, WAPPA & ACA), working actors, directors and dedicated teachers with more than thirty years plus experience under their belts. To read their full biographies click here
For this program our aim is to help the next generation of actors into a far more informed and skilled position by taking our core teachings and applying them to a new format that is both fun, and highly educational.
Apply For The Course
Please send an expression of interest including any specific acting information such as a Biography, Cover Letter, C.V. & Headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the below form. Please note the course is by invitation only. If accepted we shall send out an application form with all the course information. Notification for acceptance will be made no later than one week before course commencement.
If offered your place will only be held once payment is received in full. Failure to do so will forfeit your place on the course. For more information or queries please don’t hesitate to call on (02) 9212 0522 or alternatively email us on the above address.
For further questions or queries please contact us directly during 10am – 5pm / Monday – Friday on the below details:
- Office: (02) 9212 0522
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 18 City Rd, Chippendale NSW 2008
Our office and studio is located across from Victoria Park and the Broadway Shopping Centre in Sydney’s Chippendale. For best parking and travel options please click here.
The HubStudio prides itself on helping professional actors to facilitate their training journey. If you would like more information about this course, or more importantly which courses would suit you best, then please email or call us to discuss your training goals.