2021 Musical Theatre Ensemble w/ Shaun Rennie
A 20 week bi-weekly multi-disciplinary course and showcase performance for the aspiring Musical Theatre actor.
This 40 session program is for ages 17+. Learn Intro to Musical, Scene To Song, Singing, Dance, Improvisation, Voice, Theatre Practical and Business. Tuesdays 7-10pm & Sunday’s 5pm – 9pm.
Registrations now OPEN for 2021. Audition upon application.
After continued success with our eight week Musical Theatre program, both course director Shaun Rennie and studio director Oliver Wenn, wanted to develop a special Musical Theatre course that took actors to a much more comprehensive level, working with the best coaches in an integrated, intensive way. Designed as a short-term, high impact course (and ‘scene to song’ showcase finale), that gives each actor a thorough understanding of Musical Theatre training, this 40 session (2 session a week) program by The HubStudio is designed to give aspiring actors (ages 17+), a thorough opportunity to learn multi-disciplinary skills from some of the best working coaches in Australia under the overall course direction of Shaun Rennie, one of the most respected Musical Theatre practitioners in Sydney.
“Absolutely amazing! Shaun’s work is one of a kind!! It’s a course that any Musical Theatre performer should do once in their life!” Jaxon Graham-Wilson | Actor
The 20Wk Musical Theatre Ensemble is an intensive, integrated series that not only introduces each actor to the fundamentals of Musical Theatre technique, but also incorporates fundamental theatre acting training as well. Additionally over the 40 sessions the studio will be working along side you to create a working business plan, developing the fundamental skills of Actor Entrepreneurialism. It’s perfect for those actors looking to transition to Musical Theatre, or who are potentially seeking further full time study in the discipline, and for those who want to develop their skills in the craft via an integrated training program that allows for a great work/life balance.
The course is broken down into class blocks, in the areas of Musical Theatre, Voice, Movement, Dance, Improvisation, Industry Business, Theatre Technique & Singing, covering such topics as;
- Musical Theatre Introduction
- Musical Theare “Scene 2 Song”
- Fundamentals of movment, impulse, physical awareness and self expression
- Theatre intro; text and script breakdown / grammar / punctuation / linear work
- Voice fundamentals
- Dance fundamentals and introduction to industry standards
- Singing; development of voice, musicality and fundamentals of song.
- Business mindset, actor entrepreneurialism, and fundamentals of success thinking
Development & practice of craft lie at the core of this program.
- (Voice) Understand your voice, and learn targeting and self expression
- (Movement) Develop your physical awareness and how to move physically for a character
- (Musical Theatre) Learn fundamentals of musical performance, and scene into song techniques
- (Dance) Understand and develop various industry standard routines
- (Improv) Understand how to develop a character through Improvisation, and how to act freely from natural impulse during scripted and unscripted scenes.
- (Theatre) Introduction and re-cap or script analysis and character development fundamentals, including linear work, text extraction techniques, grammatical and personalisation work .
Please understand some coaches may change due to availability.
What: 40 Sessions in two 20 session blocks (+ 1wk break)
Auditions: Upon Application
Dates: 16th March – 8th August 2021 (2 x 10wk blocks and 1 x 1wk holiday)
Time: Tuesday’s 7pm – 10pm & Sunday’s 5pm – 9pm
Venue: The HubStudio – 18 City Rd, Chippendale 2008
Cost: $3,350.00 incl GST (OR 2 x $1,825.00)
Participants: 16 max
The HubStudio also offers to payment options, cheaper in full or in two instalment payments.
Two Payment Options
- $3,350.00 incl GST in Full (cheapest option)
- $1,825.00 in two instalments (full cost $3,650.00)
- Weekly payments of $183.00 can be arranged upon special request (full cost $3,660.00)
About The HubStudio
The HubStudio is a home to Sydney’s working professional actors and creatives. Over the years we have provided some of the best quality coaching in the country, to some of the best actors in the country. Our team of coaches comprises ex heads of all the major drama schools (NIDA, WAPPA & ACA), working actors, directors and dedicated teachers with more than thirty years plus experience under their belts. To read their full biographies click here
For this program our aim is to help the next generation of actors into a far more informed and skilled position by taking our core teachings and applying them to a new format that is both fun, and highly educational.
Apply For The Course
Please send an expression of interest including any specific acting information such as a Biography, Cover Letter, C.V. & Headshot to email@example.com or use the below form. Please note the course is by invitation only. If accepted we shall send out an application form with all the course information. Notification for acceptance will be made no later than one week before course commencement.
If offered your place will only be held once payment is received in full. Failure to do so will forfeit your place on the course. For more information or queries please don’t hesitate to call on (02) 9212 0522 or alternatively email us on the above address.
For further questions or queries please contact us directly during 10am – 5pm / Monday – Friday on the below details:
- Office: (02) 9212 0522
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 18 City Rd, Chippendale NSW 2008
Our office and studio is located across from Victoria Park and the Broadway Shopping Centre in Sydney’s Chippendale. For best parking and travel options please click here.
The HubStudio prides itself on helping professional actors to facilitate their training journey. If you would like more information about this course, or more importantly which courses would suit you best, then please email or call us to discuss your training goals.