Self Tape & Film Workshop
Emily Rose Brennan
A 6 Week Self-tape & Film Workshop for emerging and beginner actors.
The HubStudio is very proud to be able to welcome Emily Rose Brennan to the Perth line up for what will be a special film series for emerging and beginner actors. Emily has been working in front of the camera in both tv and film since graduating from NIDA in 2005, and is excited to share what she has learnt and experienced in this course for Perth emerging and beginner actors. If you are looking to start your screen acting career with an understanding of the fundamentals of screen acting, auditions and self tests this course will provide the environment, guidance and knowledge to do just that. Acting is a muscle which benefits from being worked and a practice that improves through feedback and reflection. This 6 week course at the The HubStudio will give you the chance to cultivate and practise the mind set, techniques and confidence in a safe, constructive and creative space.
Through weekly exercises, scene work and mock auditions this course sets out to arm it’s participants with skills in:
- Script Analysis: Learn how to break down your audition scenes. get clear about the Given Circumstances, what the writer is asking of you and how best you can be a conduit for their words and ideas.
- Relaxation : The nervous system can be a tricky beast to wrangle but you will learn ways to be in the drivers seat. This course is aimed to give you tools to maintain a positive mindset and live and inspired life as an actor.
- Imagination Work : Learning ways to personalise your choices so that your characters are authentic and vitally alive.
- Vocal and Physical Muscularity : Great actors are like athletes. They are in close relationship with their instrument. Learn vocal techniques to connect with your authenticity and presence in the moment.
In this course, you will learn:
- Finish this course with the confidence, skills and clarity to audition for television, commercial and film projects through a focus on practical time in front of the camera, professional feedback and self reflection.
- Develop a step by step practical approach to script analysis and performance.
- Cultivate a relaxed mind and body that allows you be expressive in front of the camera, whilst knowing what is required in terms of performance.
- Confidently understand and use the language of the film and tv industry: Auditions, self tests, shot sizes and camera movements, who’s who on the set and in the casting business.
When: 6 x Thursday evenings
Dates: 19th August – 23rd September 2021
Time: 6.30pm – 9.30pm
Venue: Subiaco Arts Centre – 180 Hammersley Rd Subiaco.
Participants: 12-14 Maximum
Price: $325.00 incl GST (10% off for members)
|Session 1||Thursday 19th August 2021||6.30pm-9.30pm|
|Session 2||Thursday 26th August 2021||6.30pm-9.30pm|
|Session 3||Thursday 2nd September 2021||6.30pm-9.30pm|
|Session 4||Thursday 9th September 2021||6.30pm-9.30pm|
|Session 5||Thursday 16th September 2021||6.30pm-9.30pm|
|Session 6||Thursday 23rd September 2021||6.30pm-9.30pm|
|*Please arrive at 6.15pm latest for a 6.30pm start|
How To Pay & Instalment Option: The easiest way to pay is by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) using the bank details on the invoice (please quote the invoice number in the transfer information), or by simply clicking the ‘pay online’ link also on the invoice (bank fees apply). You will be email an invoice upon acceptance into the program. Payment is due no later than the due date stated on the invoice, however if you would like to pay in instalments please call or email the office to arrange the dates and amounts you will pay. Please note full payment of the course is due by the time the course finishes. You can start payment instalments at anytime upon receipt of the invoice.
About Emily Rose Brennan
A NIDA trained actor who works in theatre, film, television and voice over and is currently based in Perth Western Australia, where she is completing a PhD. Emily most recently appeared in the feature film How To Please A Woman, and the Black Swan Theatre Company’s production of The Cherry Orchard. Over the years she has appeared in multiple television programs, most notably Underbelly Razor, Gavin Tanner, Homespun and :30 Seconds. Emily has also toured Australia with the Bell Shakespeare and has performed at the Opera House in several shows including The Torrents for Black Swan Theatre Company in 2019. Emily has tutored acting and corporate training for many years for NIDA Open Program, The Actor’s Centre and ATYP in Sydney, and WAYTCo in Perth.
Apply For The Course
Please send an expression of interest including your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the below form. Please note the course is by invitation only. If accepted we shall send out an application form with all the course information. Notification for acceptance will be made no later than one week before course commencement.
If offered your place will only be held once payment is received in full. Failure to do so will forfeit your place on the course. For more information or queries please don’t hesitate to call on (02) 9212 0522 or alternatively email us on the above address.
Course Application Form
IMPORTANT INFO!! We are experiencing some unusual issues with our forms from time to time. If your form isn't sending through please email the same information, including your CV and Headshot via email to email@example.com and we'll get back to you asap. OR call 02 9212 0522.
For further questions or queries please contact us directly during 10am – 5pm / Monday – Friday on the below details:
- Office: (02) 9212 0522
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 18 City Rd, Chippendale NSW 2008
Our office and studio is located across from Victoria Park and the Broadway Shopping Centre in Sydney’s Chippendale. For best parking and travel options please click here.
The HubStudio prides itself on helping professional actors to facilitate their training journey. If you would like more information about this course, or more importantly which courses would suit you best, then please email or call us to discuss your training goals.