Joel Jackson Online Film Masterclass
A six week online film technique masterclass with AACTA® Award Winner Joel Jackson.
A six week long online acting course, created by AACTA and Logie award winning actor Joel Jackson, developed to harness your creativity, build your acting confidence, push your discipline and foster a sense of community in these trying times.
Six sessions of two hour live webinar conferences including specific, tailored individual scene and monologue work for six weeks.
Each week the class of actors will be asked to learn a scene and a poem which will become the backbone of the work for that week. The scene will be a self test recorded either with a partner or to camera, depending on the material, and will be specifically chosen to match your goals as an actor. The poem will be a small literary piece to learn and perform to camera with the goal of building your skills as an actor to deliver a simple piece of text with an embodied, inspired and imaginative performance.
Also, there will be a film or play to view/watch as “group homework” to be analysed and reviewed in the group conference at the end of each week. The discussions around the film/play will focus on performance analysis, character portrayal, use of technique and “how would you”; an opportunity for actors to visualise themselves in the shoes of these great roles, building on their ability to manifest and fostering confidence.
The weeks work will be split into:
- a two hour long group webinar / conference
- feedback on scene work filmed by the actors throughout the week
- discussion and analysis of the group film / play
- the focus; a weekly focus on an aspect of the acting craft
- a scene / monologue and a poem to be filmed by the actors
- viewing of the group film / reading of the group play
Lockdown doesn’t mean loss. Together, with a great community of actors, I want to empower you to continue to learn and build on your craft as an actor. Over six weeks we will work through personalised scene work, detailed text analysis, performance analysis and visualisation to motivate, inspire and grow.
- Build a professional personal routine; mindset and physical practices to keep you focused during lockdown – meditation, exercise, vocal work and time management.
- Personalised development through scene work; each week you and I will discuss what you personally want to develop in your craft and together we will work to map that grey area, expanding your technique outside the comfort zone.
- Tools for text analysis; weekly challenges to encourage the discovery of depth and detail in text, a skill that you will keep and continue to explore.
- Self taping and professional etiquette; each week scenes will be filmed in a self tape scenario, work to master your self tapes and bring your best work to life in a limited space, as is required for auditioning in the modern industry.
- Analysis of performance; watch, learn and steal from great performances. Ask what it is that makes an incredible performance and then take those lessons, inspirations and distill it into your own learning.
When: 6 x Tuesday Nights
Dates: 22nd April – 27th May 2020
Cost: $220.00 incl GST (10% off for members)
Time: 7pm – 9pm
Format: Online using Zoom & Facebook private groups
Participants: 14 Maximum
|1||Wednesday 22nd April||7pm – 9pm|
|2||Wednesday 29th April||7pm – 9pm|
|3||Wednesday 6th May||7pm – 9pm|
|4||Wednesday 13th May||7pm – 9pm|
|5||Wednesday 20th May||7pm – 9pm|
|6||Wednesday 27th May||7pm – 9pm|
How To Pay & Instalment Option: The easiest way to pay is by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) using the bank details on the invoice (please quote the invoice number in the transfer information), or by simply clicking the ‘pay online’ link also on the invoice (bank fees apply). You will be email an invoice upon acceptance into the program. Payment is due no later than the due date stated on the invoice, however if you would like to pay in instalments please call or email the office to arrange the dates and amounts you will pay. Please note full payment of the course is due by the time the course finishes. You can start payment instalments at anytime upon receipt of the invoice.
About Joel Jackson
Joel Jackson is an award winning Australian actor and musician. He is best known for his role as Charles Bean in Deadline Gallipoli and Peter Allen in Peter Allen: Not the Boy Next Door. For both roles he was nominated for and won the 2015 AACTA Award for Best Lead Actor in a Television Drama. Since graduating NIDA in 2013, Joel has been constantly involved in theatre, film and television. Having recently completed the feature I Met A Girl in Perth, as well as H is for Happiness, (Special Mention at Berlinale, 2020). Joel has also starred in Jungle with Harry Potter’s Daniel Radcliffe, Mystery Road 2, Ms Fishers Modern Murder Mysteries and the international Emmy award winning series Safe Harbour. Joel is considered among some of Australia’s leading talent and has consistently been top of his game since entering the industry full time.
Apply For The Course
Please send an expression of interest including your C.V. & headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the below form. Please note the course is by invitation only. If offered your place will only be held once payment is received in full. Failure to do so will forfeit your place on the course.
For more information or queries please don’t hesitate to call on (02) 9212 0522 or alternatively email us on the above address.
Course Application Form
IMPORTANT INFO!! We are experiencing some unusual issues with our forms from time to time. If your form isn't sending through please email the same information, including your CV and Headshot via email to email@example.com and we'll get back to you asap. OR call 02 9212 0522.
For further questions or queries please contact us directly during 10am – 5pm / Monday – Friday on the below details:
- Office: (02) 9212 0522
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 18 City Rd, Chippendale NSW 2008
Our office and studio is located across from Victoria Park and the Broadway Shopping Centre in Sydney’s Chippendale. For best parking and travel options please click here.
The HubStudio prides itself on helping professional actors to facilitate their training journey. If you would like more information about this course, or more importantly which courses would suit you best, then please email or call us to discuss your training goals.