10Wk Film Ensemble ONLINE
A bi-weekly film only, industry development series for the emerging actor.
This 20 session program is for ages 17+. Learn Film & Audition Technique, US Accent, How to Book and Agent, Industry & Business. Saturdays 10pm – 5pm.
Registrations now OPEN for April 2023.
The HubStudio is really pleased to offer this new film focused online program for Emerging Actors. At only ten weeks long it’s a fantastic deep dive into the main core aspects of a career in film.
As competition in the space continues, with more agents and more global opportunities to audition its vital each actor seeks to be part of system that can support and develop their careers alongside – which is why we’ve developed a new 10Wk deep dive community program. The 10Wk Film Ensemble is designed solely as an online course focussing on taking each applicant to a new level in their careers. This series will develop skills in both industry & business, as well as core craft skills and film audition technique.
This bi-weekly series will run Monday & Wednesday nights 7pm – 10pm. The Monday nights will focus on career development, while the Wednesday nights will focus on development of core craft skills in film. This course is perfect for those emerging actors looking to learn how to book an agent, identify their personal brand, develop their US Accents, shoot high quality self tape and film audition materials, and create accountability and flow so they can take the major step towards regular work and a career in the film industry.
We’ve designed this course as a refresher, a re-energiser or a fundamental builder for emerging actors. With 20 sessions across ten weeks, it’s fully comprehensive, but integrated, allowing each actor to develop their careers alongside the program with guidance and mentorship to help each actor achieve their immediate goals and beyond. Come Join Us!
The course is broken down into two major areas Business & Industry, and Film Craft & Audition Technique, covering such topics as;
- Industry overview (Who’s Who In The Zoo)
- Breakdown of Casting Agent / Agent. Specifically how to book an agent.
- Acting for camera / screen testing / audition technique
- Development of a character for film
- Personal Branding & Brand Awareness
- Script breakdown / grammar / punctuation / linear work
- U.S Accent & Voice Work s & how to do a U.S accent
- Business Acumen & Personal / Professional Development
Professional development & practice of craft lie at the core of this program.
- (Voice) Understand your voice, and learn the American accent
- (Business) Develop your business acumen specific to the film industry and booking an agent
- (Screen Audition) Learn what it takes to deliver a memorable audition and gain professional and insider industry knowledge
- (Film) Understand and develop camera technique / audition technique, and film two screen test scenes to take way, send to an agent or use for further development
- (Branding) Understand how important development of personal brand is, focusing on authenticity.
- (Mindset) Develop tools and techniques for create mental clarity and presence. Vital for scene work & personal development
Please understand some coaches may change due to availability.
What: 20 x Sessions : Monday & Wednesday Nights
Dates: 17th April – 21st June 2023
Time: 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Cost: $1,280.00 incl GST ( Pay options available)
Participants: 16 max
The HubStudio also offers to payment options, cheaper in full or in term block payments.
Two Payment Options
- $1,280.00 incl GST in Full (cheapest option)
- $700.00 in two instalments *paid regardless of attendance – (full cost $1,400.00)
About The HubStudio
The HubStudio is a home to Sydney’s working professional actors and creatives. Over the last six years we have provided some of the best quality coaching in the country, to some of the best actors in the country. Our team of coaches comprises ex heads of all the major drama schools (NIDA, WAPPA & ACA), working actors, directors and dedicated teachers with more than thirty years plus experience under their belts. To read their full biographies click here
For this program our aim is to help the next generation of actors into a far more informed and skilled position by taking our core teachings and applying them to a new format that is both fun, and highly educational.
Apply For The Course
Please send an expression of interest including any specific acting information such as a Biography, Cover Letter, C.V. & Headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the below form. Please note the course is by invitation only. If accepted we shall send out an application form with all the course information. Notification for acceptance will be made no later than one week before course commencement.
If offered your place will only be held once payment is received in full. Failure to do so will forfeit your place on the course. For more information or queries please don’t hesitate to call on (02) 9212 0522 or alternatively email us on the above address.
10Wk Film Ensemble ONLINE Application Form
For further questions or queries please contact us directly during 10am – 5pm / Monday – Friday on the below details:
- Office: (02) 9212 0522
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 12 Shepherd St Chippendale NSW 2008
Our office and studio is located near the Broadway Shopping Centre in Sydney’s Chippendale. For best parking and travel options please click here.
The HubStudio prides itself on helping professional actors to facilitate their training journey. If you would like more information about this course, or more importantly which courses would suit you best, then please email or call us to discuss your training goals.