20Wk Emerging Artists Perth
A 20wk (bi-weekly) multi disciplinary course for the aspiring actor.
This bi-weekly – 40 session program is for ages 17 and above. Learn. Film & Audition Technique, Improvisation, Voice, U.S Accent, Movement, Theatre and Business. Mondays 7 – 10pm & Wednesdays 7pm – 10pm.
OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS FIRST HALF OF 2021
Designed as a short term high impact course that gives each actor a through understanding of repertoire training, this 20 week ( 2 evenings per week) program by The HubStudio is designed to give aspiring actors (ages 17+), a opportunity to learn multi-disciplinary skills from some of the best working coaches in Perth and get a taste of the life of a professional actor. It’s perfect for those who haven’t yet attended drama school but are thinking about pursuing an acting career or those looking to reboot their career. For full course details please read below. Please understand not all applicants will be necessarily be accepted.
“The course is one of the very best I’ve been apart of. With professionals in the industry giving you their input each week, you can really see the improvements within yourself. The course not only covers your skill set, but how to live as an actor as well. The program’s structure was flawless. 10/10!” – Nic Millar
“The Program was fantastic for keeping me accountable with my craft. Each Sunday for 20 weeks, I either had to have something prepared or was going to add to my skills as an established actor. The breadth of coaching in Perth is incredible and on par with what I have experienced in Sydney and NY”. – Jacqui Malony
The course is broken down into class blocks, in the areas of Voice, Movement, Improvisation, Screen Acting, Screen Auditioning and Industry advice, American accent and American Theatre, covering such topics as;
- Audition technique / preparation
- Acting for camera / screen testing
- Development of a character for film and theatre
- Improvisational techniques for film and theatre
- Text and script breakdown / grammar / punctuation / linear work
- Voice fundamentals & how to do a U.S accent
- Body awareness and how to create character physically
- Industry info: agents, auditions, creating content, drama school auditions
Development & practice of craft lie at the core of this program.
- (Voice) Understand your voice, and learn the American accent
- (Movement) Develop your physical awareness and how to move physically for a character
- (Screen Audition) Learn what it takes to deliver a memorable audition and gain professional and insider industry knowledge.
- (Film) Understand and develop camera technique / audition technique, and film two screen test scenes to take way, send to an agent or use for further development
- (Improv) Understand how to develop a character through Improvisation, and how to act freely from natural impulse during scripted and unscripted scenes.
- (Theatre) Work with some of history’s most celebrated plays to stretch your craft while be guided by one of the most respected Acting coaches in Australia.
- (Industry) We work together with mindset coaches to teach the fundamentals of acting entrepreneurialism
Please note coaches might change due to scheduling at the time.
What: 40 x Sessions
Auditions: Online using Zoom
Dates: 29th March – 18th August 2021
Time: Mondays 7pm – 10pm & Wednesdays 7pm – 10pm
Venue: Victoria Hall / 179 High Street Fremantle
Cost: $2,850.00 incl GST (payment options available)
The HubStudio also offers to payment options, cheaper in full or in term block payments.
Two Payment Options
- $2,850.00 incl GST in Full (cheapest option)
- $1,500.00 2 x Instalments (full cost $3,000.00)
“The courses I’ve undertaken at The Hub Studio have been instrumental to my career and artistic development. I’ve done countless courses in between my professional acting work, to keep sharp, continually stretch myself and build upon my craft.”
Claire Lovering: Who’s Afraid Of Virginia Woolfe | Wonderland |San Andreas| The Letdown
“My time at The Hub gave me the tools I needed to take a fresh approach to my work, a home to nurture my technique and the confidence to stay on the path. I look forward to returning to brush up on my skills again soon!”
Takaya Honda: Playschool | The Family Law | Neighbours
“The Hub is a fantastic place for any actor to hone there skills. I certainly wouldn’t be where I am without having taken up courses at the Hub”
Samantha Dodemaide: The Wizard Of Oz | Singin’ in the Rain
“The Hub has not only provided me (and many others) with a place to practice my craft, but also a place where I have been able to grow and learn new skills and meet and collaborate with other professional actors.”
About The HubStudio Perth & Sydney
The HubStudio is one of Sydney’s leading post-graduate studio’s and home to over 1,300 working professional actors and creatives. Over the last six years we have provided some of the best quality coaching in the country, to some of the best actors in the country, and now we are very proud to be launching a range of new courses in Perth. We’re bringing the same high level of coaching, the fun supportive culture and extensive industry experience to run a great range of acting training programs. To learn more about our Perth studio simply click the button below to head to our Perth Studio home page.
Apply For The Course
Please send an expression of interest including any specific acting information such as a Biography, Cover Letter, C.V. & Headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the below form. Please note the course is by invitation only. If accepted we shall send out an application form with all the course information. Notification for acceptance will be made no later than one week before course commencement.
If offered your place will only be held once payment is received in full. Failure to do so will forfeit your place on the course. For more information or queries please don’t hesitate to call on (02) 9212 0522 or alternatively email us on the above address.
For further questions or queries please contact us directly during 10am – 5pm / Monday – Friday on the below details:
- Office: (02) 9212 0522
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 18 City Rd, Chippendale NSW 2008
Our office and studio is located across from Victoria Park and the Broadway Shopping Centre in Sydney’s Chippendale. For best parking and travel options please click here.
The HubStudio prides itself on helping professional actors to facilitate their training journey. If you would like more information about this course, or more importantly which courses would suit you best, then please email or call us to discuss your training goals.