Young Actor Summer Intensive
A one week multi disciplinary course for young professional actors
For ages 13 – 17 to learn improvisation, film & audition technique, voice, U.S accent, movement and key industry information. Monday 22nd – Thursday 25th January 2018
This one off Summer Intensive by The HubStudio is designed to give young professional actors (13 – 17 y.o) interested in pursuing an acting career, an intensive and thorough opportunity to learn multi disciplinary skills from some of the best working coaches in Australia. It’s perfect for those looking to work with an agent, apply for drama school, to start work in the industry – or all three. For full course details please read below.
|10am – 11am||1 hr||Movement||Voice – Finding Your Voice||Voice – Text Work & Voice||Voice – U.S. Accent|
|11am – 1pm||2 hrs||Improv Theatre Sports||Improv – Character 1||Improv – Character 2||Improv – Showing|
|1pm -2pm||1 hr||LUNCH||LUNCH||LUNCH||LUNCH (45 Mins)|
|2pm – 4pm||2 hrs||Film – Script Analysis||Film – Screen Tests 1||Film – Revision||Film – Screen Tests 2 & Revision 2|
|4pm – 5pm||1 hr||Industry – Agents||Industry – Auditions||Industry – MYOC**||Industry – Life of an Actor||*Please note class details might change slightly due to what is required for the group.
** MYOC = Making Your Own Content
The course is broken down into class blocks, in the areas of Voice, Movement, Improvisation, Film & Industry Talks covering such topics as;
- Audition technique / preparation
- Acting for camera / screen testing
- Development of a character for film and theatre
- Improvisational techniques for film and theatre
- Text and script breakdown / grammar / punctuation / linear work
- Voice fundamentals & how to do a U.S accent
- Body awareness and how to create character physically
- Industry info: agents, auditions, creating content, drama school auditions
Development & practice of craft lie at the core of this one week intensive.
- (Voice) Understand your voice, and learn the American accent
- (Movement) Develop your physical awareness and how to move physically for character
- (Industry) Gain professional and insider industry knowledge and mentoring support
- (Film) Learn how to break a scene, learn lines and analyse text
- (Film) Film two screen test scenes to take way, send to an agent or use for further development
- (Film) Understand and develop camera technique / audition technique
- (Improv) Understand how to develop a character through improvisation
- (Improv) Understand how to work with impulse technique in both scripted and improvised scenes
What: 4 Days
Dates: Monday 22nd January – Thursday 25th January 2018
Time: 10am – 5pm each day
Venue: The HubStudio – 18 City Rd, Chippendale NSW 2008
Cost: $348.00 incl GST (early bird at $298.00 before December 20th 2017)
|Session 1||Monday 22nd January 2018||10am-5pm|
|Session 2||Tuesday 23rd January 2018||10am-5pm|
|Session 3||Wednesday 24th January 2018||10am-5pm|
|Session 4||Thursday 25th January 2018||10am-5pm|
|*Please arrive at 9.45am latest for a 10am start|
The HubStudio also offers an early bird option if paid for in full before the 20th December 2017
- $298.00 incl GST
- Pay before the 20th December in full
About The HubStudio
The HubStudio is a home to Sydney’s working professional actors and creatives. Over the last six years we have provided some of the best quality coaching in the country, to some of the best actors in the country. Our team of coaches comprises ex heads of all the major drama schools (NIDA, WAPPA & ACA), working actors, directors and dedicated teachers with more than thirty years plus experience under their belts. To read their full biographies click here
For this program our aim is to help the next generation of actors into a far more informed and skilled position by taking our core teachings and applying them to a new format that is both fun, and highly educational.
Apply For The Course
Please send an expression of interest including any specific acting information such as a Biography, Cover Letter, C.V. & Headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the below form. Please note the course is by invitation only. If accepted we shall send out an application form with all the course information. Notification for acceptance will be made no later than one week before course commencement.
If offered your place will only be held once payment is received in full. Failure to do so will forfeit your place on the course. For more information or queries please don’t hesitate to call on (02) 9212 0522 or alternatively email us on the above address.
For further questions or queries please contact us directly during 10am – 5pm / Monday – Friday on the below details:
- Office: (02) 9212 0522
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 18 City Rd, Chippendale NSW 2008
Our office and studio is located across from Victoria Park and the Broadway Shopping Centre in Sydney’s Chippendale. For best parking and travel options please click here.
The HubStudio prides itself on helping professional actors to facilitate their training journey. If you would like more information about this course, or more importantly which courses would suit you best, then please email or call us to discuss your training goals.