Andrew Hofman – Susan Batson Intensive
A full day intensive American method acting workshop as developed by Susan Batson.
This intensive one day workshop is designed to fully exercise your acting instrument and further develop your method of working using the powerful elements of need, tragic flaw and public persona developed by Susan Batson. Utilising awareness, sense memory, emotional flexibility and sensorial work to powerfully bring new depth, truth and joy to your acting and audition technique.
“I truly think that I am offering you an opportunity to make a discovery. His name is Andrew Hofman: On stage, he is a power to be reckoned with. I love this actor’s instrument. I love his commitment, I love his intelligence, I love his humor…Yes I just love him.” – Susan Batson (Acting Coach to Nicole Kidman, Juliette Binoche and Oprah Winfrey)
You will create walking, talking, breathing, feeling and fully realized human characters. You will create work that does more than tell a story, you will transform a script into a powerful piece of art that touches, moves and inspires an audience.
This workshop is designed for professional working actors although any actor who is willing to commit to the work is welcome.
The focus of this workshop is to help actors further develop a method of working that creates a deep and unique connection to story and character whilst dealing with the technical demands of the industry. The workshop will comprise of the following components:
- Introduction – An introduction to the work of Susan Batson
- Awareness – Learning how to harness awareness and gift it to character
- Drop-In – A powerful emotional flexibility exercise to prepare you for a monologue/scene
- Script Breakdown – Discovering how to bring the script to life with your own unique humanity
- Monologue/Scene – This will take the form of an audition
- Feedback – Guidance and truthful response to your work
There is a tribal-like group experience in this workshop and also the individual experience of each artist which is designed to:
- Develop an understanding of American Method acting and the work of Susan Batson and Elizabeth Kemp.
- Fully exercise the instrument (voice, body, intellect, creativity, emotional life and heart) of the actor so an actor can feel confident and ready to dive into any role.
- Develop an understanding of the technical demands of the Film, Television and Theatre industries and learn how to artfully but vigilantly adhere to these demands placed upon an actor.
- Discover how to not only take direction but translate that direction into truth and further discovery in the work
- Further develop a method of working so an actor can be empowered, artful and share their truth and humanity on stage and in front of a camera
- Create new confidence in auditioning.
- Explore and allow each actor to express their true emotional life and break down individual blocks standing in the way of great artistry and performance
When: 1 x Saturday
Dates: Saturday 27th April, 2019
Time: 10am – 7pm.
Venue: 18 City Rd, Chippendale, NSW 2008
Participants: 12-14 Maximum
|Session 1||Saturday 27th April 2019||10am-7pm|
|*Please arrive at 9.45am latest for a 10am start|
About Andrew Hofman
Apply For The Course
Please send an expression of interest including your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the below form. Please note the course is by invitation only. If accepted we shall send out an application form with all the course information. Notification for acceptance will be made no later than one week before course commencement.
If offered your place will only be held once payment is received in full. Failure to do so will forfeit your place on the course. For more information or queries please don’t hesitate to call on (02) 9212 0522 or alternatively email us on the above address.
For further questions or queries please contact us directly during 10am – 5pm / Monday – Friday on the below details:
- Office: (02) 9212 0522
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 18 City Rd, Chippendale NSW 2008
Our office and studio is located across from Victoria Park and the Broadway Shopping Centre in Sydney’s Chippendale. For best parking and travel options please click here.
The HubStudio prides itself on helping professional actors to facilitate their training journey. If you would like more information about this course, or more importantly which courses would suit you best, then please email or call us to discuss your training goals.