Emerging Artists Program – PERTH
A 20 week multi disciplinary course for the aspiring actor.
This Program is for ages 17 and above. Learn Film & Audition technique, Improvisation, Voice, U.S accent, Movement, Theatre and key industry information. REGISTRATIONS FOR 2019 NOW OPEN
TO REGISTER FOR APPLICATION IN 2019, SIMPLY FILL OUT THE BELOW APPLICATION FORM AND WE’LL BE IN TOUCH ASAP!
Designed as a short term course that gives each actor a through understanding of repertoire training, this 20 week (1 day per week) program by The HubStudio is designed to give aspiring actors (ages 18+), a opportunity to learn multi-disciplinary skills from some of the best working coaches in Australia and get a taste of the life of a professional actor. It’s perfect for those who haven’t yet attended drama school but are thinking about pursuing an acting career or those looking to reboot their career. For full course details please read below. Please understand not all applicants will be necessarily be accepted.
The course is broken down into class blocks, in the areas of Voice, Movement, Improvisation, Screen Acting, Screen Auditioning and Industry advice, American accent and American Theatre, covering such topics as;
- Audition technique / preparation
- Acting for camera / screen testing
- Development of a character for film and theatre
- Improvisational techniques for film and theatre
- Text and script breakdown / grammar / punctuation / linear work
- Voice fundamentals & how to do a U.S accent
- Body awareness and how to create character physically
- Industry info: agents, auditions, creating content, drama school auditions
Development & practice of craft lie at the core of this program.
- (Voice) Understand your voice, and learn the American accent
- (Movement) Develop your physical awareness and how to move physically for a character
- (Screen Audition) Learn what it takes to deliver a memorable audition and gain professional and insider industry knowledge.
- (Film) Understand and develop camera technique / audition technique, and film two screen test scenes to take way, send to an agent or use for further development
- (Improv) Understand how to develop a character through Improvisation, and how to act freely from natural impulse during scripted and unscripted scenes.
- (Theatre) Work with some of history’s most celebrated plays to stretch your craft while be guided by one of the most respected Acting coaches in Australia.
To read coaches biographies, click on their picture below. More to be added shortly.
What: 20 x Sundays in two 10wk blocks
Auditions: Upon application
Dates: Sunday 5th May – Sunday 29th September 2019
Time: 10am – 1pm
Venue: 19 Blinco Street, Fibonacci Centre Fremantle
Cost: $1350.00 incl GST OR ( $1,400 at $700 per term)
The HubStudio also offers to payment options, cheaper in full or in term block payments.
Two Payment Options
- $1350.00 incl GST in Full (cheapest option)
- $700.00 a Term *paid regardless of attendance – (full cost $1,400 over 2 terms)
“The courses I’ve undertaken at The Hub Studio have been instrumental to my career and artistic development. I’ve done countless courses in between my professional acting work, to keep sharp, continually stretch myself and build upon my craft.”
Claire Lovering: Who’s Afraid Of Virginia Woolfe | Wonderland |San Andreas| The Letdown
“My time at The Hub gave me the tools I needed to take a fresh approach to my work, a home to nurture my technique and the confidence to stay on the path. I look forward to returning to brush up on my skills again soon!”
Takaya Honda: Playschool | The Family Law | Neighbours
“The Hub is a fantastic place for any actor to hone there skills. I certainly wouldn’t be where I am without having taken up courses at the Hub”
Samantha Dodemaid: The Wizard Of Oz | Singin’ in the Rain
“The Hub has not only provided me (and many others) with a place to practice my craft, but also a place where I have been able to grow and learn new skills and meet and collaborate with other professional actors.”
About The HubStudio
The HubStudio is a home to Sydney’s working professional actors and creatives. Over the last six years we have provided some of the best quality coaching in the country, to some of the best actors in the country. Our team of coaches comprises ex heads of all the major drama schools (NIDA, WAPPA & ACA), working actors, directors and dedicated teachers with more than thirty years plus experience under their belts. To read their full biographies click here
For this program our aim is to help the next generation of actors into a far more informed and skilled position by taking our core teachings and applying them to a new format that is both fun, and highly educational.
Apply For The Course
Please send an expression of interest including any specific acting information such as a Biography, Cover Letter, C.V. & Headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the below form. Please note the course is by invitation only. If accepted we shall send out an application form with all the course information. Notification for acceptance will be made no later than one week before course commencement.
If offered your place will only be held once payment is received in full. Failure to do so will forfeit your place on the course. For more information or queries please don’t hesitate to call on (02) 9212 0522 or alternatively email us on the above address.
For further questions or queries please contact us directly during 10am – 5pm / Monday – Friday on the below details:
- Office: (02) 9212 0522
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 18 City Rd, Chippendale NSW 2008
Our office and studio is located across from Victoria Park and the Broadway Shopping Centre in Sydney’s Chippendale. For best parking and travel options please click here.
The HubStudio prides itself on helping professional actors to facilitate their training journey. If you would like more information about this course, or more importantly which courses would suit you best, then please email or call us to discuss your training goals.