An Introduction To Clowning w/ Adriano Cappelletta
A unique four week clowning workshop for actors.
- Audience Sensitivity: how to be sensitive to an audience, feel their energy and be malleable on stage.
- Finding The Game on stage /Finding the Fun.
- Pleasure: get in touch with why you wanted to perform, learn to perform from a sense of pleasure not from fear or doubt.
- Lightness: Learn the importance of acting/moving with lightness.
- Character: create a clown character.
- Duo Work: Complicité /Major-Minor.
- Finding your freedom: discovering what is funny about you and letting go of the mask you put up in daily life.
- Impulse Work: letting go of second guessing your impulses and trusting your first thought and feeling.
- Learning to deal with the flop or ‘bombing’: You will fail, you will flop – it is inevitable, but how do you turn it around and keep going?
- Learn how to be sensitive to an audience and change moment to moment.
- Get in touch again with the pleasure and rush of performing on stage.
- Discover the pleasure of working in complicité with your fellow actor in duo work.
- Find a sense of truth in your work, not born from pain but from FUN.
- Create a unique clown character through costume, fun, pleasure and audience involvement.
When: 4 x Thursdays
Dates: 18th July – 8th August 2019
Time: 7pm – 10pm
Venue: 18 City Rd, Chippendale, NSW 2008
Participants: 12 Maximum
Price: $260.00 incl GST (10% off for Hub Members)
|Session 1||Thursday 18th July||7pm – 10pm|
|Session 2||Thursday 25th July||7pm – 10pm|
|Session 3||Thursday 1st August||7pm – 10pm|
|Session 4||Thursday 8th August||7pm – 10pm|
|*Please arrive at 6:45pm latest for a 7pm start|
How To Pay & Instalment Option: The easiest way to pay is by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) using the bank details on the invoice (please quote the invoice number in the transfer information), or by simply clicking the ‘pay online’ link also on the invoice (bank fees apply). You will be email an invoice upon acceptance into the program. Payment is due no later than the due date stated on the invoice, however if you would like to pay in instalments please call or email the office to arrange the dates and amounts you will pay. Please note full payment of the course is due by the time the course finishes. You can start payment instalments at anytime upon receipt of the invoice.
About Adriano Cappelletta
A graduate of NIDA (Acting) and Murdoch University (Theatre and Drama Studies). A recipient of The Marten Bequest Travelling Scholarship and The Mike Walsh Fellowship, in 2008 he traveled to Paris to study for two years with master clown and theatre guru, Philippe Gaulier.
An actor and theatre-maker for over fifteen years, Adriano has presented his work at Adelaide Cabaret Festival, Adelaide Fringe, The New York Summer Play Festival, Edinburgh Festival Fringe, Melbourne International Comedy Festival, Melbourne Provocare Festival, Fringe World WA, Sydney Comedy Festival, Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras, Sydney Opera House and The Sydney Writers Festival
His new play Never Let Me Go premiered at Griffin Theatre in May 2019 at Batch Festival. His solo cabaret, This Boy’s in Love was nominated for Best Cabaret at Adelaide Fringe 2017 and Fringe World WA 2016. His other original theatre works include Ruby’s Wish (Belvoir /Makebelive), Cubbyhouse (Makebelive) Connie Chang’s Cabaret Roadshow (Makebelive) and Shane and Eddie: Picking up the Pieces (Les Freres du Monde) at The Edinburgh Fringe, garnering a Best Double Act nomination in UK’s The Observer. With Holly Austin and Jo Turner, he was awarded the Philip Parsons Playwriting Fellowship for Ruby’s Wish. In 2015, with Holly Austin he created the comedy web series Ultimate Fanj, which premiered on ABC iview as part of Fresh Blood.
As an actor with Kim Carpenter’s Theatre of Image he has appeared in Little Beauty and as Pisgy in Monkey: Journey to the West (Melbourne Festival) and Pinocchio in Go Pinocchio!. At The Ensemble Theatre directed by Sandra Bates: The Good Doctor, Face to Face, Proof (Winner: Best Supporting Actor, Sydney Arts Guide 2014), Happiness, The Gingerbread Lady, Four Flat Whites in Italy, Death of a Salesman, The Drawer Boy and A View from the Bridge in which he was nominated for Best Newcomer at The Sydney Theatre Critics Awards. His own work includes This Boy’s in Love (Adelaide Cabaret Festival /Edinburgh Fringe), Ruby’s Wish (Belvoir/ Sydney Opera House/Melbourne Arts Centre/Riverside), Cubbyhouse (Summer Play Fest NYC /TRS/Adelaide Fringe) Shane and Eddie (Edinburgh Fringe) Connie Chang’s Cabaret Roadshow (Melbourne Comedy Festival, The Vanguard, The Great Escape Festival) Film/TV: I Am Woman (Goal Post Pictures), Stealth (Columbia Pictures) and All Saints.
Apply For The Course
Please send an expression of interest including your C.V. to email@example.com or use the below form. Please note the course is by invitation only. If accepted we shall send out an application form with all the course information. Notification for acceptance will be made no later than one week before course commencement.
If offered your place will only be held once payment is received in full. Failure to do so will forfeit your place on the course. For more information or queries please don’t hesitate to call on (02) 9212 0522 or alternatively email us on the above address.
For further questions or queries please contact us directly during 10am – 5pm / Monday – Friday on the below details:
- Office: (02) 9212 0522
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 18 City Rd, Chippendale NSW 2008
Our office and studio is located across from Victoria Park and the Broadway Shopping Centre in Sydney’s Chippendale. For best parking and travel options please click here.
The HubStudio prides itself on helping professional actors to facilitate their training journey. If you would like more information about this course, or more importantly which courses would suit you best, then please email or call us to discuss your training goals.